An image or picture is created by a human invention and it represents memories of our life. Photo viewing software helps to access these images for the pleasure of our viewing. What are the qualities or features you look for in a Photo viewer on your PC? The best photo viewers for Windows 11 will offer features such as editing of the photos, capturing screenshots, batch processing, adding borders, panoramic view, slide show, and many more.
The software also should not be capable of being affected by bloatware and must allow plug-ins. If you are looking for the best photo viewing software for Windows 11, you are at the right spot. Windows will offer you the basic version of the photo viewer and it will function smoothly. But it still lacks a lot of advanced features and that is exactly the reason you may go for a third-party tool to satisfy your needs. The built-in software is not equipped to support all photo formats. Many common file formats such as PNG, BMP, JPG, etc. should be handled by photo viewer software.
Following is our handpicked list of top photo viewers especially for your new OS along with their popular features and download links. The applications listed in this article are tested by us and they perform well and are worth trying on Windows 11. We have compiled the list by considering the following factors:
- GUI and User Experience
- Supporting file formats
- Compatibility and usability
- Tools and functionalities available
- The way of Organizing photos
- Ease of Image finding
- Options for sharing
- Basic editing, filters, and tagging features
- Cloud compatibility
- Creation of Album
Without wasting much of your time let’s get into the theme.
- List of Best Photo Viewers for Windows 11
- 1. Movavi Photo Manager
- 2. Adobe Photoshop Elements
- 3. Apowersoft Photo Viewer
- 4. ImageGlass
- 5. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate
- 6. 123 Photo Viewer
- 7. FastStone Image Viewer
- 8. HoneyView
- 9. XnView
- 10. Wondershare Fotophire
- How to set a Default Photo Viewer
- Handpick the Best Photo Viewer for Your Windows 11 PC
List of Best Photo Viewers for Windows 11
1. Movavi Photo Manager
If you are looking for an advanced feature-rich photo viewer for Windows 11 Movavi Photo Manager is the best one. It supports a wide range of formats and is able to edit individuals and multiple images for enhancement. This tool is designed in such a way that it can automatically organize and sort your images.
Movavi Photo Manager is even able to find duplicate images in your collection so that you can eliminate them easily. You can able to sort images by geolocation, date, and other metadata makes it easy for pictures taken on DSLR or smartphones. Its UI is pretty good and makes your photo viewing experience more easy and more fun.
- The user interface is attractive.
- Options for Image editing.
- Can detect and remove duplicate images.
- Built-in search bar.
- Can group images by metadata.
- Using face recognition albums can be created.
- A large volume of images can be handled.
Download Movavi Photo Manager now.
2. Adobe Photoshop Elements
Adobe Photoshop Elements is one of the powerful tools that come on our list which you can try out on your Windows 11. This software allows you to edit, manage, create and share your photos. It is possible to add motion to your static photos very easily using one click. Also, landscape images can be made using this. The software enables many customized effects to enhance the beauty of your images. This is a paid software that comes at an affordable price, a free trial is also available.
- Comes with a powerful editing tool.
- Wide ranges of customized effects.
- You can add messages or quotes to images.
- Automatic adjustment of human faces on selfies.
- Landscape images can be created.
Download Adobe Photoshop Elements now.
3. Apowersoft Photo Viewer
Apowersoft Photo Viewer comes as the next one on our list which is a great photo viewer software for your Windows 11. It gives you free cloud services. This tool supports a wide range of formats such as PNG, BMP, JPG, etc.
Apowersoft Photo Viewer processes images batch-wise. One of the advantages of using this software is that it does provide a PDF reader app and a screenshot tool. If you are looking for free Photo Viewer software for Windows 11, then Apowersoft Photo Viewer is the best one for you.
- A screenshot tool is available.
- It works as a PDF reader too.
- The image editing tool is but-in.
- Can share photos with other people.
- It offers free cloud service.
Download Apowersoft Photo Viewer now.
ImageGlass is a versatile photo viewer software that you can use for your Windows 11 OS. This tool supports over 70 file formats. There are options for you to personalize this software and it works at high speed so that you can switch between images in seconds.
If you are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use app for your Windows 11, then ImageGlass is the best choice for you. It is an open-source and free photo viewer software.
- JPG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, WEBP, and 70+ image formats are supported.
- Lightweight and super fast.
- Highly customizable.
- Hassle-free use
Download ImageGlass now.
5. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate
ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate is another great Photo viewer software for Windows 11 which comes with many features. This tool is able to find duplicate images from different locations. Importing images from various cloud storage apps is possible using this and you can even convert your photos to another format.
- You can send images wirelessly to ACDSee Photo Studio from your mobile.
- It supports HEIF (High-Efficiency Image File Format) file formats.
- Automatic correction of exposure levels of any photo.
- It is possible to view files in ZIP format without extraction.
- Duplicate photodetection.
Download ACDSee Photo Studio now.
6. 123 Photo Viewer
123 Photo Viewer is the next best option we have. If you are looking for a tool with a simple user interface for your Windows 11, then this is a good choice. Most common photo formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, and many more are supported by this software.
This software comes with various effects and filters to beautify your images and you can easily add images from local folders or OneDrive cloud storage. Also, there is a slideshow viewer included. It is a free and open-source Photo Viewer Software you can try out today itself containing all the features you need.
- Image formats can be changed and rename the image in batch.
- Easy User Interface.
- Effects and filters.
- You can magnify images.
- Animation support.
- Easy navigation in one click.
Download 123 Photo Viewer now.
7. FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is another lightweight and fast photo viewing software on our list you can try out for your Windows 11. It supports almost all the image formats and offers Image comparison, editing, resizing, cropping, and format conversions. It also offers slideshow features with musical and transactional effects which is one of the best among its competitors.
Adding special effects to your images can also be available. This tool enables you to view your photos in a variety of ways such as full screen, thumbnails, etc. FastStone Image Viewer comes as a free Photo Viewer software for personnel uses but for commercial usage, it provides a lifetime license for an affordable price which is $34.95.
- Slideshow with over 150 transition effects.
- Fast image editing and User Friendly.
- It offers quick access to EXIF (Exchangeable Image File Format) information.
- The addition of special effects to the image is possible.
- Customizable image magnifier.
- This tool has multi-level undo or redo capability.
- One-touch best fit or actual size display is supported.
- You can compare images side by side.
- Dark theme support.
Download FastStone Image Viewer now.
Honeyview is one of the free Photo viewer software for Windows 11 which comes next on our list. It supports most of the major image formats and you can also use this for image format conversions with resizing. A portable version of this is also available.
You can also perform image cropping, cutting, and total image enhancement using this tool. It enables a comprehensive interface and very fast processing speed. Overall Honeyview is a decent image viewer with many good features.
- Portable version available.
- View images in the ZIP or RAR folder.
- Supports formats such as GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, and more.
- Free and easy to use.
- Batch processing.
Download HoneyView now.
XnView is another Photo viewer software suitable for those who are looking for a free image viewer for Windows 11. You are able to perform changes to your images with ease and support different file formats such as JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIFF, etc.
One of the great advantages of this software is its editing tool, this can find even duplicate images from your collections. XnView is robust and supports multiple languages. It supports a few audio and video formats.
- Image editing, cropping, and merging.
- Duplicate image finder.
- Slideshow option.
- Image editing options.
- JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, Raster, and 500+ file formats are supported.
Download XnView now.
This software allows you to view and edit photos quickly. You can perform removal of background from photos, add texts, create transparent backgrounds, remove unwanted persons, delete objects, and addition of colors to beautify your photos.
It gives a photo maximize option that lets you zoom photos without blurs and losing its picture quality also a photo focus that allows you to fix blurred photos in a single click. This software works with the most basic hardware configuration and can be used for free during the trial period. It offers an affordable price of $49.99 for a year and $79.99 for a lifetime.
- Offers over 200 effects.
- Color correction is perfect.
- Tool for creative blur and vignette effects.
- Image processing in bulk or batches.
- Unwanted objects from photos can be removed.
- You can add text to your photos.
Download Wondershare Fotophire now.
How to set a Default Photo Viewer
Installing a third-party photo viewer software is not going to be enough, in order to create a seamless experience you have to make it your default photo viewer app.
To perform it quickly and easily on your Windows 11, head over to the search bar and type Default. Next, you can go to Default Apps Settings > Photos. You can easily select now any of the installed photo viewers as your default image viewer.
Handpick the Best Photo Viewer for Your Windows 11 PC
We live in a world where large numbers of software are made to make our life easier. Selecting the best one out of it is never been an easy task. A Photo Viewer tool is no exception to this. There are simply too many options for selecting the best photo viewer for Windows 11. Each one has something or the other features and extensive user experience.
The above list we presented is some of the best tools we can recommend based on our own experience. Most of the above mentioned are open source and freely available, others come with a free trial version which makes it more delightful for you to test them before going for final purchase. If you feel any of the great software is not on this list do let us know in the comments.
You may also like: Windows 11 Media Creation Tool: How to Use it?