Looking for how to change the default browser in Windows 11? Then you are at the right place to help yourself with changing the default browser on Windows 11. If there is no third-party browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. have installed on your system, then you need to install it to get started.
Microsoft Edge is the default web browser on your Windows 11. Windows has made a substantial update on the browser, as we know the Internet Explorer was a successful default browser on Windows and now it has been replaced by Microsoft Edge.
And if you are not interested in the Edge browser anymore, this article will help you set a default browser of your choice in Windows 11. Setting one can help you go to any link you clicked with your default browser. This really saves your valuable time and reduces your effort. So let’s do that.
Change Your Default Browser in Windows 11
- Select the Search button, and then type Default apps.
- From the search results, select Default Apps.
- Under Set a default for a file type or link type, type http and click the browser currently listed. Then select Google Chrome or any other browser.
- Similarly type https, .html, .shtml, .xhtml, .htm, .webp, etc. and select your desired browser for each file/link types.
Now, let’s go through these steps in detail with the aid of relevant screenshots.
- Click on the Search button, type Default apps, and select it from the result. Or, click here: [Open Default apps]
- Under Set a default for a file type or link type, type http and click the browser currently listed. Then select Google Chrome or any other browser of your choice from the list.
- Likewise, you can set default web browsers for different types of files formats and link types. For example, common web-based file formats and link types include http, https, html, shtml, xhtnl, htm, webp, etc. Type each of them and choose your preferred browser for them. You can set browsers to open PDF files too.
- If you want to make Google Chrome your default browser, rather select Google Chrome listed under Set defaults for applications and choose Google Chrome for all the file and link types you need.
There you go! You’ve successfully changed the default web browser on your Windows 11 PC.
Changing Default Browser Can be Tricky
So friends, now you have learned how to change your default browser on Windows 11. Although Microsoft has made it a bit difficult to change the default web browser, it’s not something that needs to worry about. We tried to make the instruction simple, clear, and easy to follow.
Now onwards you can enjoy web surfing, streaming, PDF viewing, etc. via your favorite browser. If you still have any queries, then let us know through your comments.