Are you messed up with the Google Meet tab in Gmail? If yes, this article has got you covered. Google Meet is a strong competitor in the segment of video conferencing along with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other apps. Google has recently introduced a feature that brings G Suite apps altogether. As a result, users can make use of the Google Meet tab in the Gmail app.
Disable Google Meet from Gmail on Android and iOS
Follow the below instructions to remove Google Meet tab in Gmail app for Android and iOS.
- Open the Gmail application on your phone.
- Tap on the three-line “hamburger icon” seen in the upper left corner.
- Now, scroll down until you see the “Settings” option from the menu.
- Choose the Gmail account in which you need to disable Google meet tab in case if you have multiple accounts.
- Scroll down to the “Meet” category and uncheck “Show the Meet tab for video calling” option.
- You are finished with the job. Now your Gmail app looks like its old design and you will no longer see the Google Meet tab.
Follow the same procedure to disable the Google Meet tab in each Gmail accounts if you operate multiple accounts. Although after the disabling, you can still use the Google Meet app separately without any issues since it will not become non-functional.
You may also like: How to Set Up an Automated Vacation Reply in Gmail
Disable Google Meet in Gmail on Web
- Open Gmail on your computer and choose the account in case if you are having more than one account.
- Click on the “cog icon” seen in the top right corner.
- Now tap on “See all Settings”.
- Select the “Chat and Meet” tab.
- Now on the “Meet” label, select “Hide the meet section in the main menu”.
- Click on “Save Changes” and you are done. Now the Google Meet tab will be disabled from Gmail.
Get Rid of the Disruptive Google Meet Tab in Gmail
Now you know how to get rid of the Google Meet tab from Gmail. Isn’t it as easy as pie? Removing the Google Meet tab in Gmail for desktop is pretty easy and sometimes you may ignore but that is not in the case of the Gmail mobile app. Here it is inside the app and shown in the bottom part where Mail and Meet are placed as two sections.
The first one is marked as Mail and the second one as Meet. If you are the one who makes use of Meet regularly, you may not bother it but the one who rarely uses it gets annoyed as it occupies more area on the screen and feels uncomfortable checking your emails. So, without wasting your time, follow the instructions and get it removed.
You may also like: Top 5 Best Gmail Filters for Improved Productivity