Telegram is undeniably one of the most popular and feature-rich messaging applications out there. When it comes to instant messaging features, it’s having a great competitive advantage over its competitors like WhatsApp and Signal. Telegram has already received a great response from its users for introducing some cool features like Secret chat, Chat folder, Polls, etc. And now, they are back with another useful feature that lets you share your screen with others. The feature will be available on both mobile and web applications.
This guide will show you how to access the feature and share screen in Telegram via your smartphone and Telegram web for up to 1000 users in a go. Stick with us and read on to learn more.
If you want to share your screen using an Android device, do follow these steps.
- First off, open the Telegram app and go to the chat of the person with whom you want to share your screen.
- Now, start a call by clicking on the Call button at the top right. Once connected, click on the Start Video button at the bottom.
- Here, Telegram will ask you to choose from your rear camera, front camera, and phone screen. Choose the PHONE SCREEN option and then tap on the Share Video button at the bottom. If prompted, confirm it by tapping the Start now button.
- Once done with that, you will be presented with a message saying “You are sharing your screen”. The person at the other end can now see what you are doing on your phone screen.
- If you want to stop sharing the screen, just click on Stop Video. You will now exit from the screen sharing mode and the other person will no longer see what is there on your screen.
Moreover, you can share your screen with multiple people in a group using the same steps. This way you can even conduct an unofficial meeting with your friends and relatives. If you need assistance, use these steps.
- Launch the app on your phone, go to the group chat or channel.
- Tap on the name of the chat at the top.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu and then click Start Live stream.
- A pop up will appear with the details of the live stream and you need to click on the Start Live Stream button.
- Once down, again click on the three-dot menu then appears at the top right corner. From the drop-down, choose Share screen.
You’re done. That’s easy as pie. You can now stream your phone screen with your subscribers or friends.
If you want to share your screen via Telegram web on your PC, here are the steps you can follow.
- Firstly, head over to Telegram web and scan the QR Code via your phone to get connected.
- Once logged in, go to the channel, click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner and click Start video chat.
- Like in the smartphone, a new window will appear and show the details of the upcoming video chat. Here, click the three-dot menu as shown in the screenshot and then click Share Screen.
- Now, the browser (Chrome in my case) will ask you to choose which part of your screen you want to share. You need to choose from the Entire screen, Window, and Chrome Tab. It is up to you which one to choose. After choosing the right one for you, click the Share button.
- If everything is fine, you will see a message that you are sharing the screen via Telegram web.
That’s it. Isn’t that easy? Well, now it’s your turn to try this out.
Screen Sharing Is Not Complicated Anymore
With the introduction of the new features in Telegram, now screen sharing your beloved ones have become a lot easier. However, this feature is most suitable for casual communication in your daily life. For business purposes, it might not be that useful and we highly recommend going for any other utilities like Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, etc.
Anyways, it does the job neatly and is worth trying and using for communication with your family members and friends. For those who are still on the fence, just go and try it once, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Once tried, don’t forget to share your views about the same.