Seems complicated to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 11? Showing errors while connecting with your Bluetooth devices? We will assist you with a comprehensive article that shows you how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 11. It also makes you aware of the possible errors of not getting connected and their workarounds too.
Many users face Bluetooth connectivity and pairing issues while they try to connect their smartphones, headphones, speakers, and other Bluetooth feature supporting devices. Here we will explain different ways to turn on the Bluetooth on Windows 11, along with the relevant screenshots. We have also included Bluetooth troubleshooting methods for Microsoft windows 11, which will guide you while you are in trouble with connecting your Bluetooth device.
- How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 11 (via Settings)
- How to Turn On Bluetooth on Windows 1 via Action Center
- How to Pair a Bluetooth Device in Windows 11
- How to Troubleshoot Bluetooth Issues
- Things Need to Check When You Find ‘unable to connect to your BT devices’
- Enjoy Wireless Connectivity
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 11 (via Settings)
- Press the shortcut key
Windows + Ito open Windows Settings, or you can search settings in the Search bar provided in the taskbar.
- In Settings,click on Devices.
- In the next window, you can see Bluetooth & other devices
- Click on the ON/OFF button which is there under the Bluetooth Menu.
How to Turn On Bluetooth on Windows 1 via Action Center
- Without going to Settings, you can directly enable Bluetooth by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the Action Center. It will be applicable only if the icon is available in the action center.
- If the icon is not there, Right-click on the mouse in the Action center Edit quick actions, and then in the lower part, click on Add. From the list, select Bluetooth.
- If you need to explore more, you can Right-click on the Bluetooth icon. Then click on Go to Settings.
- In the next window, Bluetooth and other devices section will be opened.
- There you can check whether the devices are connected or not.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Device in Windows 11
After turning ON Bluetooth Menu, now it’s time to connect with other devices or pair with other devices that support Bluetooth connectivity. It’s so simple to pair with other devices if you follow the steps carefully and ensure that the Bluetooth is turned ON before you go for pairing (for both computer and devices).
- At first, click on the Add Bluetooth or other devices button.
- A pop-up window (Add a device) will be seen in a moment on the screen.
- Click on the Bluetooth switch.
- After clicking the system will start to discover any devices available to connect.
- The list of available devices will be seen in the list after the scan ends.
- Click on the device that you want to connect.
- Click on the connect button, (Window shows the request to enter the displayed digits (PIN) to enter in the device to pair)
- After entering the same PIN in your device correctly, the connection will be established successfully.
- Depending on the devices connected, the paired devices will be listed under specific categories in Bluetooth or other devices window. (If the device is related to audio or music only, it lies in the Audio category. If you connected a smartphone then it will be seen under ‘Other devices‘).
So, in the future, we can click on the devices directly from the list if it doesn’t follow the above steps to pair the device.
How to Troubleshoot Bluetooth Issues
While connecting bluetooth devices with our computer, we might have faced some issues that trouble you to continue your work. This may be due to some reasons which can be realized and can find a solution to solve the problem.
How to Check if Your Computer Supports Bluetooth
After searching the Bluetooth button in the possible areas, and failed to find the same thing. Then it’s time to check whether your PC supports Bluetooth or not.
- Search for any physical key on your keyboard or other parts of your PC to connect directly. After checking the ways mentioned above, if this is not available, click on the search button in the search bar and type Device Manager.
- In the next window, search for bluetooth in the list.
- If it is not available in the list, point to Network adapters, then click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, check the availability of Bluetooth in the list.
If your searches are vain, you need to install Bluetooth adapters or a PCI card to add Bluetooth connectivity.
You can do other things to fix the issue, including checking the Airplane mode ON or OFF (available in the action center (right side of desktop)). So if it is enabled, then you need to disable the same.
How to Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Windows + Ito open settings directly.
- In the Settings menu, select Update & Security tile.
- From the left sidebar, click on the Troubleshoot button.
- Click on the ‘Additional troubleshooter‘ link. Then you can see Bluetooth in the Find and fix other problems section.
- Click on Bluetooth and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter will run and Fix the error. It will list the error, and bluetooth will be turned ON successfully. Click on the Close button.
How to Check for Bluetooth Support Service Running Status
In default, “Bluetooth support service” as in ‘manual,’ as you can see in the startup type. The problems to solve the issue You can change the style of the service into automatic by selecting from the drop-down list of Startup types. For that:
- Type Services in the Search bar after opening the search button in the taskbar.
- After clicking on the services app the list of menus will be opened. Click on Bluetooth support service.
- A pop-up window will be opened. Click on the Startup type field and Change the manual to automatic by selecting automatic from the list.
How to Update Bluetooth Drivers?
- Type device manager in the search bar after clicking on the Search button on the taskbar.
- Click on device manager. Now from the list select the Bluetooth menu.
- Click on it and Right-click on Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI).
- Now click on the Update drivers menu.
- In the next window, you will be asked for the way to search drivers.
- Click on Search automatically for windows.
After the search, follow the onscreen instructions to carry out the installation process if the driver is available.
Things Need to Check When You Find ‘unable to connect to your BT devices’
- The first step is to ensure that the Bluetooth options are in the ON position on both devices.
- If it’s still in On Position and showing no connectivity progress, re-enable the connectivity option.
- Make sure both devices are in range. Sometimes we might forget to place both devices in limited spaces; otherwise, the connection can’t be established.
- Now disconnect the pair from your PC if both are in pairing mode and again pair with the same method we follow. Primarily this method can be used to fix the connectivity issues for Bluetooth.
- If your computer supports Bluetooth, rebooting the device is suitable for correcting minor errors and problems. So after the restart, your devices then start to do the procedures for enabling Bluetooth connection.
Enjoy Wireless Connectivity
Finally, we hope you have the idea to solve the issues or any other errors regarding bluetooth connectivity. It may happen that after an upgrade from windows’ previous version to the latest Windows 11. But, now you can turn on bluetooth on Windows 11 successfully without any difficulties. If you have any queries regarding this topic, let us know through your comments.
You may also like: How big is Windows 11