When you switch from iOS to Android or vice versa the most infuriating thing you might have faced will be the transfer of your WhatsApp. You were not allowed WhatsApp migration while switching one OS to another. The only thing possible was either you have to drop your older chats including media and start over again or depend on any other unauthenticated third-party apps which were uncertified by WhatsApp.
Are you wearied with losing your entire WhatsApp chat history during changing operating systems? It’s not anymore! The moment has come on the scene finally for all the iPhone users. iOS users can now transfer their WhatsApp data to an android device that includes both chats and media. Here we shall guide you to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Initially, the new feature migration of WhatsApp data was applied for iOS to Samsung’s new foldable such as the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 only but now it is possible to transfer from iOS to Samsung devices that are running Android 10 or above. However, there is no distinct date announced about the introduction of this feature to Android phones other than Samsung.
WhatsApp generally backs up on two different cloud providers on both OS. That is iCloud on iOS and Google Drive on Android which makes it difficult for merging during a transfer. So now if you transfer your data from iOS to Android it will be overwritten on your old Android backup. All you need is a Lightning to USB-C cable for the transfer of data from iOS to Android, Smart Switch installed on your Samsung device and the updated latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone. You have to keep in mind that this feature enables you to work only in one direction that is from iPhone to Android.
What are the Requirements to Migrate WhatsApp from iPhone to Android?
- Install Smart Switch app version 188.8.131.52 or higher on your Android device.
- Update WhatsApp iOS version 184.108.40.206 or higher on your iPhone.
- Update WhatsApp Android version 220.127.116.11 or higher on your Android device.
- Lightning to USB-C cable.
- The phone number used on both iPhone and Android must be the same.
- Your Android device must reset to factory settings.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android: Steps
Follow the simple steps to migrate WhatsApp chat from iPhone to your compatible Samsung device.
- The initial step is turning on your Samsung device and connecting it with iPhone using a Lightning to USB-C cable.
- Now open the Samsung Smart Switch app and tap on “Recieve” then choose the “iPhone” option for the transfer of data.
- You can give permission to iPhone and you may be required to enter the encrypted backup password of iTunes.
- Select the components you want to migrate. Do not forget to select apps and apps data.
- You need to scan the QR code using the iPhone’s camera shown by the Samsung Smart Switch of your Android device. This will take you out to the WhatsApp chat settings. Here you can begin the transfer.
- Tap “Start” on the iPhone. You just have to wait until the transfer is complete. This depends on the number of messages and media you have saved which is nothing but the amount of data you transfer.
- When the WhatsApp transfer is completed it will be informed by the Smart Switch. Now open WhatsApp from your android device and start the setup. Log in using the same phone number used on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Import” when prompted. This will start the importing of chat history and patiently wait until the process is completed.
- Now you can unplug the Lightning to USB-C cable.
- Activate your device to see your chats and groups. Congrats, you did it!
Note: Even after the transfer your iPhone still contains your data as long as you delete it or uninstall the app. Since the data is encrypted WhatsApp cannot access it on either of the devices.
Also Read: How to Export WhatsApp Chat History as PDF
Users Can Now Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Finally, the wait is over! You can easily transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android now using the steps mentioned above. In the first instance, this feature is applicable for the transfer from iOS to selected Samsung smartphones only but soon it will be incorporated with other android devices also. So if you are using a smartphone other than Samsung no need to worry. It’s just a matter of time! Do comment your views on the latest feature Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.