What is Windows 11 Media Creation Tool?
Just in case if you have no idea about the handy media creation tool for Windows 11, we have included a brief explainer as well.
So basically, Windows 11 media creation tool is an official utility from Microsoft to install/ update Windows OS to the latest available build. It is not limited to Windows 11 users, but Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 users can utilize the tool as well if they have a license.
For example, if a new Windows update is rolled out by Microsoft for only some users, you cannot update it via Windows settings first. it may take time to get updated for all users across the globe. So, in such contexts, if you really want to install the latest update due to some reasons, this media creation utility comes to the rescue. It allows you to upgrade your system to the latest build if you have an ISO file of the latest build.
And the best part?
The tool won’t touch any of your files and seamlessly upgrade your PC or laptop to the latest version.
Furthermore, it can help you create Windows 11 installation media without having you to download an ISO file separately. Based on your system architecture and the edition of Windows, this tool will make your Windows 11 media creation much easier by extracting the required files from the current installation and putting it together to create an ISO for you! You can also use a new ISO file if you want.
How to Use Windows 11 Media Creation Tool?
Here comes the section that will teach you how exactly you can use the tool to upgrade your system and create bootable media.
Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
- First off, head over to this link and choose the ‘Windows 11’ operating system.
- Now, you can see information regarding the Windows 11 installation tool download. Click on the Download tool now button.
Use it as Windows 11 Upgrade Tool
- After downloading, run the tool on your PC and choose the option Upgrade this PC now.
- On the next page, the tool will start downloading Windows 11 (it will also act as Windows 11 download tool). The process will take some time depending on your PC and internet speed.
- Once the download is complete, it will verify the settings and configurations. After the verification process, it will present you with the options to choose whether to keep your personal files and apps or to create a fresh install. We highly recommend you keep the files intact. However, if you want a clean install you click on the Change what to keep option to select the files you gotta remove.
- After the installation, your PC will restart and will land on the latest Windows 11 update.
The Windows 11 media tool is that simple to use.
Use it as Windows 11 Bootable USB Tool
- The second use of the tool is to help create Windows 11 bootable media. You just run the tool and choose the second option Create installation media for Windows 11 and then click Next.
- Next, it will automatically populate the configuration of your PC. If you need to change, simply uncheck the option that says “Use the recommended options for this PC” and make the necessary changes. Then click the Next button.
- Now select the “USB flash drive” option and click Next. If you want to create an ISO file, select the second option.
- Then insert a USB flash drive (8GB minimum) and the tool will automatically detect it. If not, click on the Refresh drive list option. If everything is fine, click on the Next button.
- This will begin the creation of installation media of Windows 11 operating system. Once finished you will get a Windows 11 bootable USB.
From the Editor’s Desk
Dear friends, please note that the mentioned Windows 11 tool is still under development and is not available to the public. We can expect that the tool will be officially released soon. so, once it is made available for everyone, you can download and use our guide to learn how to use it. For the time being, you can read our latest articles on Windows 11 to explore the OS more.