If you are obsessed with word games, then you’ll love Wordle. Wordle is a fun, free game that lets you test your vocabulary. Each time you play Wordle, it will be a different game because of the random word generator. And the puzzle is limited; you can only play one Wordle puzzle a day.
We’ve got you covered with Wordle archive if you missed the previous or Wordles and want to play them without the daily limit. In this article, we’ll show you how to play all of the past Wordle games from an archive of Wordles to improve your vocabulary and practice this popular daily word game for future puzzles.
What is Wordle?
Wordle is a puzzle game where you need to guess the letters and connect a series of random words to create a shape. It’s easy to play, but it’s hard to master. The goal is to create the biggest Wordle you can by connecting the most random words possible.
Wordle is a web-based word game initially developed in October 2021 by Welsh software engineer Josh Wardle and then owned and published by The New York Times Company since 2022. Since then, Wordle has gone viral on social media and become one of the most popular word games on the internet.
How to Play Old Wordle Games (With Archive)
Since you can’t access and play old Wordles, developers have devised a workaround called Wordle game archive. The archive saves all the past wordle puzzles on their website and provides users unofficially access. But unfortunately, the owner of the game – the New York Times, requested the developers to shut down the archive for some reason.
But wait! We’ve done our research and come up with another website for you – Wordle Time Machine. To play a previous wordle challenge, you need to head over to the website, pick a date and start playing the game. The Wordle answers will not be available there and you may need to google it.
How to Play Past Wordle Puzzles (Without Archive)
Apart from that, we’ve another trick to play the past Wordles without the help of any archive websites. You can play the games directly from the official website by changing the date and time of your device, and here’s how to do that on different devices.
On Windows PC
- On your Windows PC, from the desktop, click on the date and time on the taskbar.
- Next, click on Date and time settings.
- In the settings window, turn off the options to Set the time automatically and Set the time zone automatically.
- Now, click on the Change button under Set the date and time manually.
- In the next window, choose your desired date and time according to the Wordle you want, and click Change.
- Finally, open your browser and visit the official game website to play the Wordle for the day you set.
On a Mac
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple logo icon and select System Preferences.
- Choose the Date and Time.
- Next, click on the lock sign to change the date and time.
- Now, enter your password and hit Unlock.
- Uncheck the Set date and time automatically option and then set your desired date manually.
- Hit Save and launch your browser.
- Visit the official game website and start playing the puzzle.
On Android Phones
- From your app drawer, launch the Settings app.
- Go to System > Additional settings > Date and time and turn off the Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
- Then manually set the date and time according to your requirement.
- Open the browser and go to the Wordle website and play.
- Open your app drawer and navigate Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Now turn off the toggle button to disable the automatic date and time.
- Change to your desired date and time, and save.
- Go to any browser, head to the Wordle site, and start playing.
This method of playing old Wordle puzzles has a few limitations, and one of them is the annoying “Your clock is behind” message on the Chrome browser. Due to this limitation, you may need to change the date for every old puzzle you play.
Solve Unlimited Puzzles With Wordle Archive!
So that’s how to play old wordles. If you are really fond of the Wordle puzzle game, try the archive mentioned above and start playing the old games. This will also help you prepare for the upcoming Wordles by New York Times and, most importantly, improve your vocabulary. If you are interested, you can also check our article on other games like Wordle you can try today.