Wanna know your computer’s RAM details in Windows 11? It’s a piece of cake. But some of you might be troubled by searching for RAM size. For this, we came up with this guide to show you how to check RAM on Windows 11 using 6 different methods.
There are various contexts in which we need to check the RAM details. Whether you install or upgrade an OS, or install a high graphics game you have to know how much is the RAM size and out of that how much is free and stuff like that. And another scenario is that you may need to know the RAM used by a particular application especially when your system slows down.
In this article, we’ve illustrated 6 different methods (with screenshots) to check the RAM specifications in windows 11 OS. Do check it out.
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Settings)
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Control Panel)
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via System Information)
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Task Manager)
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Command Prompt)
- How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Powershell)
- Final Words
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Settings)
- By using the shortcut key “Windows + i ” open the Settings menu in Windows 11.
- Click on System.
- In the system, select About from the list shown on the left side of the screen.
- Here you can see the RAM specifications and details.
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Control Panel)
- Click on the Search button in the taskbar and search for “Control Panel“.
- In the search result, you could see the Control Panel. Click on it to enter.
- In the next window, search for “System” in the search bar located at the top right corner.
- Click on the link Show much Ram is on this computer.
- This will open the “About” section in the Setting menu where you can check the RAM size and other details.
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via System Information)
- Click on the search icon in the taskbar.
- Search for “System information”. You will be presented with a list from where you have to click the System Information.
- The very next window will show the details of the RAM on your computer.
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Task Manager)
- Use the shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + Esc for opening the Task Manager.
- At the bottom left corner of the Task Manager, click on More details.
- In the next window, select the Performance tab.
- Now, select the Memory option from the left side of the window.
- Here you can check the details of RAM Size, Speed, and Type.
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Command Prompt)
- In the Taskbar, click on the search button.
- Type “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- In the suggestion list, you could see the command prompt.
- Click on Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command:
wmic MemoryChip get /format:list
- For getting specific RAM Details, we have options. For example
mic MemoryChip get Banklabel, Capacity, Configuredclockspeed, Devicelocator, FormFactor, Manufacturer, Serialnumber, Speed
How to Check RAM on Windows 11 (via Powershell)
- Right-click on the Windows button on the taskbar or use the shortcut key “Windows + X“. From the displayed list, click on Windows Powershell (Admin).
Get-CimInstancecommand can be used to collect the information of RAM.
- You can also proceed with the full command
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_PhysicalMemoryor
Get-WmiObject Win32_PhysicalMemoryin order to get specific RAM details.
The above explained are the different methods that clearly show you how to check RAM on Windows 11. We tried our best to include the screenshots and explain them in the simplest language. We hope you got a clear idea about the ways by which you can easily find the details regarding the Random Access Memory installed on your PC or laptop.
Do comment below your views, suggestions, or queries. We will get back to you soon.