Liked a Whatsapp Status and wanna download and save it to your phone? Well. We’ve got you covered with a Whatsapp status download guide. Here are 3 dead simple ways by which you can get the status without asking the contact to send it.
WhatsApp has already gone far from just providing a chat client for our daily use. It now has so many useful features and functionalities that make us hang out with our beloved ones all day. Although we can update our status and see others’ statuses, they still didn’t give a direct way to download the same. However, there is a workaround for this.
If it’s simply an image, all you need to do is to take a screenshot on your phone and crop it to use as your own. But what to do if you want to download Whatsapp status videos? Don’t fret about it. We will walk you through the process to know exactly how to download WhatsApp status videos on Android smartphones.
WhatsApp Status Download Made Easy
In this section, we’ll be covering some methods to help you make your Whatsapp status download job easy. Both status images and videos can be saved to your phone by using the methods we are gonna explain to you. And we are damn sure that after reading this article completely, you might not need any other guide to get your job done.
Anyways, enough talk. Let’s move on to the steps.
Download Whatsapp Status Image
For downloading image statuses, you actually don’t have to use any Whatsapp status download app or link. In case you head over to the Play Store and search for such applications, the choices are abound. But wait. Just think of it. Do you actually need it? Trust me, not needed. Just do this instead.
Method 1: Screenshots
You can easily get the image status as such by taking a screenshot on your phone. For most android phones you can take a screenshot by pressing the Power button + Volume down. As soon as you press this, the required Whatsapp status will be downloaded and saved to your phone.
If you are using an iPhone with Touch ID, press the Touch ID + volume rocker to take a screenshot.
Once the screenshot is available in your gallery, you can crop it to remove the unwanted areas to get the exact image that you need. Just refer to the below screenshot to get an idea.
Download Whatsapp Status Video
And here comes the important part of this tutorial. Just follow the steps to find out how status videos can be downloaded with ease.
Method 2: Using File Manager
- Launch Whatsapp and watch the status that you wish to download.
- Now, open the file manager on your phone and go to settings. The file manager application name and look will vary from device to device. For demonstration, I’m using my Xiaomi Redmi phone and the screenshots will be as follows.
- In settings enable the Show hidden files option.
- Go back to the file manager home and navigate to Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses. Here you can see all the statuses that you watched.
- Now, long-press the required status file and copy and paste it into any other visible folder like DCIM. By doing this, you won’t lose the status even when it is disappeared after the 24 hour limit on Whatsapp.
This will save the Whatsapp status video on your phone and you can use it. You can also access this file from your smartphone’s Gallery or Photos app.
Method 3: Using MX Player
This method is much easier than the above one as you don’t have to play with the file manager and the settings.
MX player is a very popular and most used video player for both Android and iOS. So why not make use of this application to download Whatsapp status videos? Apart from a nice video player, it can also be used as a Whatsapp status downloader. So here is how you can use it to save statuses.
- At first, same as in the above method, you need to watch the status video that you want to download.
- Once done, open the MX Player app and tap on the menu icon at the top left corner.
- There you can see the WhatsApp Status Saver option. Select that to see recent status videos that you watch on WhatsApp.
- On the top right corner of each video, you can see a download icon. Simply click on it and you are done.
- Now, to access the downloaded status video, just swipe left to go to the saved section where you can see the downloaded file. You can also play or share it from there.
That’s it! Now you’ve downloaded your favorite Whatsapp status with ease. Right?
This feature in MX Player is actually intended to provide you with a more convenient way to explore, save and share the status videos cached in your device storage. This method is recommended by us as it’s a piece of cake for you to do.
Furthermore, by using this method, you can eliminate the problems that arise due to improper usage of the file manager app and you won’t mess up with the file systems.
Also Read: How to Export WhatsApp Chat History as PDF
From the Author’s Desk
So, I hope that you liked the methods we explained above and now it’s your turn to try these methods and leave your feedback. And, if you as me which one is my favorite I’d say methods 1 and 3. I use the screenshot method for downloading Whatsapp status images and MX player’s Whatsapp Status Saver option for the video statuses.