If your system doesn’t have a TPM chip and you are looking for a working method to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, then here comes the right guide for you. Upgrading to Windows 11 is not a big deal if your PC meets the requirements. The installation process will go smoothly with the traditional windows OS installation method. But for an unsupported PC, the whole thing becomes a bit tricky.
But fret not. This guide will walk you through the exact step-by-step instructions to get the job done without much effort. Note that this guide is meant for computers that don’t have a TPM chip at all. In case your PC does have a TPM 1.2 chip, follow our guide on how to install Windows 11 with TPM 1.2.
If you are unsure about the TPM, use Microsoft’s PC health check app and verify that. In case you already have a TPM chip and are disabled for some reason, follow our guide to enable TPM in BIOS. Once done, continue with the normal installation process.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 Without TPM
To free upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11, use these steps:
- Head over to this Github page.
- Come to the section “Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update_v2.cmd“.
- Copy the complete code for that file.
- On your desktop, open a new Notepad file and paste the code into that.
- Save the file as disable-tpm-check.cmd. Before saving, make sure that you’ve selected All files. Otherwise, you cannot run it as it will save as a normal text file instead of a cmd file.
- Now, double-click on the file to run it.
- If prompted for permission for PowerShell to make changes, click Yes.
- The PowerShell should now open (wait for a few seconds) and display a message “Skip TPM Check on Dynamic Update [Installed]“. Note that if you run the script again, the TPM checking will be re-enabled.
- Once done, go to Settings > Update & Security. If you’ve already enrolled in the Insider program, the Windows update will start downloading Windows 11. If you already run Windows 11 insider preview build and denied an update, you will also get the new updates.
Upgrade to Windows 11 Now!
Getting the flavor of Windows 11 on unsupported PCs is not a challenge anymore! Just following the steps carefully to update your existing Windows OS easily. We’ve already tried it on a couple of PCs and is working great at the time of writing the article. So make it fast if you really want to update your operating system to the brand new Windows 11.
Also, don’t forget to share your views and experience with us in the comments section.