Windows 11 Download is official. You can now avail of the full version of Windows 11 download with a direct link.
The official disc image file has been released a day before its scheduled official launch on 5th October 2021. If you are really excited to get hands-on with the Windows 11 operating system, this is the chance. Here is a direct and fast download link for Windows 11 disc image (ISO file) for you.
We’ve also included the installation instructions and other details to quickly get your hands on Windows 11 without waiting in line.
Windows 11 Download Free: 64 Bit ISO File
Windows 11 ISO file contains the latest version 21H2 (build number: 22000.194) and it is available in all editions like Home, Pro, Enterprise, Education, etc. The main thing you should note is that the operating system only supports 64-bit processors. So a 32-bit ISO file is not available for download.
The 21H1 version is also known to be the October 2021 update and it’s already rolled out for the public on 5th October 2021. But the availability date depends on your location. If you can’t wait for the notification to come, you can directly download the ISO file and clean install, or update your system.
For downloading Windows 11 you’ve two options to choose from. You can either use the media creation tool or download the ISO disc file directly from the official website.
Download Windows 11 Using Direct Link
Here is the direct link for downloading the ISO file immediately. You can download from the link provided below without going to the official website.
Note that the link is generated from Microsoft’s official website and will be valid for only 24 hours. So, complete the download within 24 hours, else your download will be interrupted. Once you start the download now, you cannot pause and resume it after 24 hours.
- Win11_English_x64.iso [5.1 GB] – Includes all editions.
Windows 11 Setup Size
As far as the Windows 11 version 21H1 is concerned, the new Windows 11 download size is 5.1GB, but it can vary slightly depending on the product language you select. However, you can expect additional features in coming updates that may increase the setup or download size.
Windows 11 Install Size
A fresh install of Windows 11 (Pro) uses around 27 GB of disk space on a machine. However, it can range from (roughly) 20 to 30 GB depending on the edition of Windows 11 you install.
How to Verify the Authenticity of the ISO File?
In case you already downloaded the ISO file from somewhere else, you can check the data integrity and authenticity of the file using the below explained method.
- First, open Windows PowerShell. To do so, right-click on the Start button and then click Windows PowerShell.
- Now, use the command
Get-FileHashto print the hash value of your downloaded ISO file.
- Here’s an example of the above step. Type the command:
Get-FileHash C:\Users\username\Downloads\Win11_English_x64.ISO. Don’t forget to replace it with your file path.
- Once the hash value of the file is available on your screen, cross-check it with the SHA256 value provided below. If they match, you can continue with the installation.
How to Download Windows 11 ISO
To download Windows 11 21H1 ISO (October update), follow these steps:
- Head to Microsoft’s official website.
- Come down to the section “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)“.
- Choose Windows 11 from the drop-down list.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Choose the product language of your choice.
- Click on the 64-bit Download button to start the download.
How to Install Windows 11 Using ISO File (Disc Image)
Now that you’ve downloaded the Windows 11 ISO file, and the next step is to go ahead with the installation process. To assist you with the process, here we’ve compiled the detailed instructions along with screenshots so that you won’t mess up with anything during installation.
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the ISO, right-click on the file and choose Mount.
- Open the File Explorer, and go to drive containing the image, and double-click on setup.
- If prompted for administrator permission, click Yes.
- Once the Windows 11 Setup window opens up, click Next. If any important updates are needed, install them.
- On the next screen, click the Accept button to accept the notices and license terms.
- Now, on the next screen, make sure you select the option to keep the personal files and apps intact.
- If everything is okay, click Install.
Once the installation starts, Windows will check for updates and install them also. If you have a slow internet connection or a metered connection, you can turn off the data connectivity. The installation will proceed without any issues.
For instructions on how to clean install Windows 11, click on the link and read our detailed guide.
Windows 11 Features: What’s New in Windows 11?
- Revamped Start button, Search button, and taskbar.
- Window animations while opening, closing, minimizing, and dragging.
- Split Screen made easy: 4 split-screen size options to choose from while you hover over the restore down button.
- Improve touch controls.
- New startup sound.
- Dark mode introduced.
- Rounder corners: The old-fashioned rectangular corners are gone. Almost all windows, dialog boxes, etc are now with rounded corners.
- Better and stylish icons and folders.
- Several new widgets were introduced.
- Introduced Ink workspace panel.
Once you install Windows 11 on your PC, the following articles may help you explore the OS more.
- How to Find Computer Specs on Windows 11 (5 Methods)
- How Much Space Does Windows 11 Take up on Your Disk?
- How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 11 (Illustrated Guide)
- How to Factory Reset Windows 11
- How to Rotate the Screen in Windows 11
FAQs About Windows 11 Download
What is Windows 11 release date 2021?
The exact release date is not yet revealed. However, the Windows 11 will be officially announced on 24 June 2021.
What is the download size of Windows 11?
The leaked Windows 11 ISO file is about 4.54GB in size.
What is the install size of Windows 11?
A fresh install of Windows 11 (x86) uses around 20 GB of disk space on a machine, and Windows 11 (x64) requires around 25 GB of free space.
How much space does Windows 11 take?
A Windows 11 install can range from (roughly) 20 to 25 GB depending on the version and flavor of Windows 11 being installed.
Will I get Windows 11 for free?
If you have the original paid version of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 you may get the Windows 11 for free.
How big is Windows 11?
As far as the leaked version is concerned, Windows 11 is as big as 20GB on a 64-bit laptop.